Beginning today, the world’s top gaming laptop manufacturers are rolling out more than 80 models powered by the latest GeForce GPUs, starting at $799.
“Gamers have an impressive selection of fast, power-efficient and thin laptops to choose from — all powered by our Turing family of GeForce RTX and GTX GPUs,” said Mark Aevermann, director of product management at NVIDIA. “Now is the perfect time to be in the market for a new GeForce gaming laptop, especially for the tens of millions of gamers with older laptops who’d like to experience incredibly fast frame rates in their favorite games.”
Massive Upgrade Opportunity
Laptop owners, who typically upgrade after about four years of use, can see enormous performance gains with the newest GeForce GPUs. GeForce GTX 1660 Ti laptop configurations, for example, use the latest technologies to deliver up to 4x the performance for gaming compared with the four-year-old GeForce GTX 960M.
Additionally, gamers can play at 100 frames per second at 1080p in popular games such as Fortnite, PUBG and Apex Legends.
“Consumers are spending huge amounts of time on laptop PC gaming, according to new research we recently completed, which is driving them to purchase powerful new systems that can improve the quality of their gaming experience,” said Bob O’Donnell, president and chief analyst at TECHnalysis Research. “Manufacturers are responding to this by evolving multiple aspects of their gaming laptops, from thinness of designs to massive performance improvements in compute and graphics horsepower, such as what the new GeForce offerings enable.”
Gaming on the Go
GeForce GTX 16-series gaming laptops take advantage of all of the shader innovations in the 12th generation NVIDIA Turing™ GPU architecture, including concurrent floating point and integer operations, unified cache architecture with 3x the L1 cache compared to the Pascal generation, and turbocharged performance using adaptive shading technology.
The Turing architecture delivers 1.5x instructions per clock and 1.4x power efficiency of its predecessor, NVIDIA Pascal™, which previously set the standard for power-efficient GPUs. As a result, with a power envelope of as low as 60W, GTX 1660 Ti laptops deliver the best performance per watt of any laptop in their class.(1)
Laptops with the latest GTX 16-series GPUs, depending on the configuration, also include:
- Max-Q design — an innovative approach to crafting the world’s thinnest, fastest, quietest gaming laptops. Max-Q hits the sweet spot of ultimate GeForce gaming and incredibly sleek design, with laptops thinner than 20mm, narrow bezels, 144Hz displays and extraordinary battery life.
- NVIDIA Optimus® technology — delivering up to 2x more battery life while running quiet and cool.
- WhisperMode(2) — enabling plugged-in laptops with GeForce Experience™ to run much quieter during gaming by pacing frame rates, while also configuring graphics settings for optimal power efficiency.
- NVIDIA Highlights — allowing players to automatically capture their best gaming moments. More than 40 games already support NVIDIA Highlights, including Metro Exodus, Fortnite, PUBG, War Thunder, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Ring of Elysium, Escape from Tarkov, Hitman 2, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Hunt: Showdown, Final Fantasy XV and Tekken 7.
- NVIDIA Ansel — enabling gamers to take stunning in-game photos. More than 70 games already support Ansel, including Metro Exodus, Battlefield V, Hitman 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, For Honor, Star Wars: Battlefront II and Final Fantasy XV. Gamers can also share their favorite photos and participate in monthly photo contests on Shot with GeForce.
- Latest 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processor.
More Creating, Less Waiting
GeForce GTX laptops are also powerful mobile platforms for the millions of video editors, photographers, graphic designers and game broadcasters.
Content creators using Adobe Creative Cloud can access advanced video effects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Premiere Rush, and can pan and zoom smoothly in Adobe Illustrator CC regardless of display resolution.
Additionally, creators can craft stunning art and photographs in both Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC with GPU-accelerated effects like Path and Spin Blur. And, game broadcasters can achieve higher frames per second with no dropped frames.
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti and 1650 models are available starting today from the world’s top OEMs, including Acer, ASUS, Dell and Alienware, Gigabyte, HP, Lenovo and MSI, and Samsung in the coming months.
They will also be available from local OEMs and system builders, including Aftershock, CyberPower PC, Hasee, Maingear, Mechrevo, Mouse, Origin PC, PC Specialist, Sager, Scan, Schenker, Terrans Force and Thunderobot. Pricing, configurations and availability may vary among regions and partners.
GeForce GTX 1650 for Desktop Also Available Worldwide
NVIDIA also introduced today the GeForce GTX 1650 GPU for desktop PCs. It is available at $149 starting today from the world’s leading add-in card providers, including ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac. Pricing may vary based on partner designs, features and region.
Bundle with Fortnite
For a limited time, gamers will receive 2,000 V-Bucks and the Fortnite Counterattack Set with a qualifying purchase of a GeForce 16-series graphics card, desktop or laptop. This promotion is available in most regions around the world. More information is available at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/campaigns/fortnite-bundle/.