Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today introduced the Mellanox Quantum™ LongReach series of long-distance InfiniBand switches. Mellanox Quantum LongReach systems provide the ability to seamlessly connect remote InfiniBand data centers together, or to provide high-speed and full RDMA (remote direct memory access) connectivity between remote compute and storage infrastructures.
Based on the 200 gigabit HDR Mellanox Quantum InfiniBand switch, the LongReach solution provides up to two long-reach InfiniBand ports and eight local InfiniBand ports. The long reach ports can deliver up to 100Gb/s data throughput for distances of 10 and 40 kilometers.
With Quantum LongReach users can easily and effectively gain the following:
- Connect remote InfiniBand based data centers together to create a single virtual data center, effectively combining the compute power of multiple distributed data centers for higher overall performance and scalability. With LongReach, users can leverage the In-Network Computing capabilities such as the Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation and Reduction Protocol (SHARP)™, congestion control, enhanced telemetry and more between the multiple remote data centers.
- Seamlessly migrate user applications from one data center to another to support different user demands, to provide load balancing between InfiniBand data centers, or to provide continuous compute services in cases of data-center failures.
- Enable fast and efficient connectivity between remote compute and storage infrastructures, enabling fast disaster recovery and more.
"The Mellanox Quantum LongReach appliance enables native InfiniBand connectivity between remote InfiniBand-based data centers, or between data center and remote storage infrastructure, allowing users to enjoy native RDMA, In-Network Computing acceleration engines, congestion control and other InfiniBand technology advantages globally," said Gilad Shainer, senior vice president of marketing at Mellanox Technologies. "Our existing and new customers, who wish to expand their clusters seamlessly over local and distributed InfiniBand networks that are kilometers apart, will find Mellanox Quantum LongReach to be the best cost-effective and easily managed solution."
The Quantum LongReach series comprises two models: MTQ8100, which delivers 100Gb/s throughput up to 10 kilometers; and MTQ8200, which delivers 100Gb/s throughput up to 40 kilometers. The products will be available in the first half of 2020.
To learn more about Mellanox Quantum LongReach, please visit us at booth 601 at the Supercomputing 2019 conference, Denver, Colorado, November 18-21, or review the links in the supporting resources.
- Learn more on Mellanox Quantum LongReach
- Learn more about Mellanox Quantum™ HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand Smart Switches
- Learn more about ConnectX®-6 HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand adapters
- More on Mellanox products and solutions at: http://www.mellanox.com